With content leaving the screen and digital doubles becoming reality, we reach a new level of virtual and augmented reality. As a leading commercial volumetric capture studio, Volucap provides convincing solutions for the increasing demands on quality and production cycles by capturing moving subjects at the highest resolution available on the market today. Located right within the facilities of Studio Babelsberg near Potsdam/Berlin, we capture performances of real people volumetrically with numerous high-resolution cameras and create authentic 3D volucaps from them.
Due to our dynamic growth as well as the continuous expansion of our product portfolio, we are looking for motivated and dedicated professionals who love technical innovations and handling of state-of-the-art solutions.
Our team has a quality- and performance-oriented mindset. If you are looking to work on cutting-edge and future technologies, you have come to the right place.
We offer a position in volumetric imaging for use in feature films, virtual productions as well as augmented and virtual reality environments to expand or lead our VFX and post-production team.
- Processing and post-processing of our volumetric video data
- Proactively enhance our CG pipeline and workflows
- Integrating our volucaps into realtime game engines
- Solving complex technological challenges
- Contribute and explore experimental workflows in the R&D environment pipeline and maintain a strong knowledge of the latest tools and processes
- Guide team members with lesser experience
- Communicate and work with other facilities
- Oversee the creation of demo content
- Assist our sales team by providing expertise as needed to enhance relationships with potential and existing customer
- 6+ years of proven work experience with high-quality 3D production and compositing
- Deep knowledge of common 3D tools
- Profound knowledge in creation of real time asset production for game engines like Unreal and Unity
- Excellent knowledge of texturing, shading, lighting, camera animation and used to deal with complex CG and VFX pipelines
- Perfect understanding of traditional and physically based rendering pipeline
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgment with a deep understanding of composition, light and color with strong attention to detail and a good sense of realism and a great interest in high-quality visualizations
- Outcome driven and highly efficient
- Highly self-motivated and proven ability to operate autonomously while still meeting deadlines
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English or German
- Experience with digital humans and virtual character creation
- Experience in C# and/or C++ programming and/or scripting languages
- Business development, marketing, education or sales experience
Primary Job Duty
- Create high quality volumetric characters
- Enhance CG pipeline and workflows
- Real time asset creation
Secondary Job Duty
- Explore experimental workflows
- Guide team members
- Support Sales Team
If this sounds like you, please submit your portfolio (Website, GitHub Repo, Demo Reel) along with your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Volucap is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.